Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

My organ has an 1895 stamp on the back of it. IOne of the

Customer Question

Hi! My organ has an 1895 stamp on the back of it. IOne of the pedals has fallen to the floor and the keys are a little off. What would something like that be worth. It played very nicely a while back.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Story & Clark 1895 organ.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just noticed the pedal within the last 2 months and I have done no trouble shooting.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just lilke an estimate on what it might be worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you today.
.
This is your answer please read entirely, if you have no further questions after reading this please rate me. Appraisers are independent, we come to the site to answer questions customers post there. We answer then are rated by the customer for our professionalism to the customer. Once rated we are then compensated by the site for our time, at no cost to the customer.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Story & Clark 1895 organ. has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. They should be located top right of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.
.