Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

We have an upright piano with a plate in it that says

Customer Question

We have an upright piano with a plate in it that says Harvard Piano serial number 1313 It is in poor condition but we are just curious as to any information on it.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: nothing really....it is black in color, all steel inside.....poor condition on the outside mainly needs a good cleaning but i did not want to do anything until we found out more
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: No ma'am...we are just curious
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your question. What sort of info are you needing?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Year made?
potential value if any?
anything an expert might know and be willing to let us know...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Year made?
Potential value?
Anything significant about this piano we might should know?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can't talk on phone right now
Thanks for your reply. I can check the atlas to see if there are serial records available. Some smaller companies did not make theirs available and Harvard is not one I've heard of. I'm afraid there wont be any significant information about the brand. There's not a way to find info about an individual piano outside of general info about the brand. Are you able to provide photos?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have any here at work
I will try to take some this evening
Ok, thanks.

Hi, just checking back to see if you were able to get some photos?