Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We just acquired a vintage Piano. Here is what some of the

Customer Question

We just acquired a vintage Piano. Here is what some of the tags on it say. F.Kodlin
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Piano Maker. Address of*****New Orleans. There is a round gold emblem on it that says It is in French. Medaille D'Honneur A Pleyel & C.IE Exposition Universelle 1855 and a few other words in french. Then there is another one that says, : Fabrique pour L'exportation Pleyel, Stoff & co. NOt sure about the last name of Stoff. I have pictures if there is some way I could get them to you. Whew!!!
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No except is is in amazingly good condition!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your question! Please attach your photos here for me to examine.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, sorry but I can't place a phone call right now. Can we continue online?
Any other photos which show the inside? I'd like to be able to judge internal condition.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we can. We are just trying to find a value. We have no idea. It was just given to us.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am about to leave the office. you can text or email me. I have access to my email at home. I will watch for your replies.
Thanks!
Hi, I did leave another message above asking for any other photos of the inside if you have them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here are the best pics of inside i can manage. I raised what is called the Desk? and took a pic of that. if folds down inside the top. It does need to be cleaned, we know that much!
Thanks
Thanks for the photos. So this appears to be a Pleyel piano which was a company based out of Paris France for many years and has gone through different stages of production. Your piano was a pretty standard model upright with a simple case design. Without the serial I can't find the date but it likely dates from the early 20th century based on the condition and design shown in the photos. The few photos which showed a little of the inside display a poor condition. This is not uncommon for a piano this old, but does drive the value down. Pianos aren't valued like antiques because they wear out mechanically over time.
Based on your description and the photos, I would recommend a current used value of approximately $300-$700 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me for completing this for you. Thanks!

Hi--checking back to make sure you received my answer? If you don't have any follow up questions, please be sure to select a rating before leaving. I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me for my time and how they know your request has been completed. Thank you!