Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Wurlitzer serial number 232113... want to know its

I have a Wurlitzer serial number 232113... want to know its value before I sell it
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My parents purchased it in Okinawa for my sister back in the fifties. It is made of foreign wood and bamboo
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is an upright with a matching bench
Thanks for your question. What is the height of it and when was it last tuned?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3 feet tall .... last tuned 20 /30 years ago...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
prefer to text
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my sister took piano lesson fir 16 years befor she left for college.it has sat in our moms house since
Thanks for the info. This piano was built in 1942 based on the serial you provided. At 3' tall this is considered a spinet piano, which was the smallest and most economically priced model at the time. Spinets are no longer made since taller pianos allow a better sound and key action.
Based on your description of the instrument and considering the used market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $600-$900 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how I'm credited by the site for working with you. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we arrived n the US frm Okinawa... army moved us n the piano in 1957
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you
Glad to help! Again, please select a rating before leaving. This credits me for working with you and let's the site know your question is complete. Thanks!