Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

How can I find someone to appraise my Steinway grand piano

Customer Question

How can I find someone to appraise my Steinway grand piano in my geographic area? I live in Alpena, Michigan, 49707.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The piano was purchased from the manufacturer in 1982 for $26,000. It has been stored in a humidity-controlled room, except when professionally used in concert. The Model # is K1486. The serial # is D472980.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for submitting your question to Just Answer.
When an expert signs on that can help you with this they will see it and pick it up for you. I will opt out so they can see this on the board when they sign on.
Glenda

Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your question. I'm happy to help.
I can provide a list of nearby piano appraisers if that would be most helpful?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would you please provide me with a list of nearby piano appraisers?
Sure thing. I just stepped into a rehearsal but will get back to you a bit later tonight. Thanks!

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, I'm not able to find an appraiser within a reasonable distance of your city (75 miles). Would you like me to provide an online appraisal? If you would just like a refund instead, let me know. Thanks