Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found my grandfather's saxophone. It is a Selmer American

Customer Question

I found my grandfather's saxophone. It is a Selmer American New York, pat Dec 8, 1914, p24130, 111954, L. It is in the original case with a mouthpiece. What is the approximate value?
Thanks!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Doris replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Based on the serial number you should have the Selmer Mark VI model from 1963. Do you know if it is a tenor, alto or baritone sax? The sale prices range from $3500 - $9000 depending on condition and type.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora