Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Baldwin Acrosonic piano. It is 35 inches tall. The

Customer Question

I have a Baldwin Acrosonic piano. It is 35 inches tall. The serial number inside is 373426. I am not sure of its age. Have looked online and have not found this # as yet. I have had the piano for 13 years,but was passed down to me from a friend of my fathers. they are both gone now. Hoping to find out more. SINCERILY, LEE FREEMAN
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I sent an above message. How does this work? Lee Freeman
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Based on the serial you provided, this piano was built back in 1946. Acrosonic was a Baldwin brand that was mainly small spinet and console pianos, like yours. It was a secondary line of less expensive instruments. A spinet piano is one which is between 35-39" tall and has a drop key action. These small pianos were good for the pocketbook but lacked the sound and feel of a larger upright or a grand. Despite that, Acrosonic pianos were well known and usually sold for higher than other spinets.

Based on the maker, size, age, and used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $400-$700 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving. This is how the site credits me for my time working on your appraisal. Thank you!

Hello, just checking back. Did you receive my answer ok? Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. If not, please select a positive rating so the website credits me for working with you. Thanks!