Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a claudio monteverde - cremona violin made in 1903.

Customer Question

i have a claudio monteverde - cremona violin made in 1903. label is inside the violin and a french violin bow
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: that is all i know they are in excellent condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: they belonged to my brother. they were purchased in about 1945 -46
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is your email address?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi nora, i have not received an evaluation of the violin and bow. thank you --- norman nebel
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Norman,

I have not received any images as of yet.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I SENT THE IMAGE A WEEK AGO AND RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT THEY FORWARDED THEM TO YOU.
NORMAN NEBEL
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I do not have images.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Hi Norm,
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
ffshttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi wayne, i don't see a paper clip icon , where is it ?- norm
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Hi Norm,

It should be right above the box that you are typing in. In some browsers it can be a tree. You can also email photos to***@******.*** Photos for Wayne

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi wayne, there was no paperclip or tree above this box. i email the photos to***@******.*** attention photos for wayne. awaiting yoour evaluation -thanks -norm
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Received the photos, any name of maker on the bow?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No idea that some put it inside the frog
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is your appraisal on the violin and bow
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Does this say "Officina" on the label, and most I've seen are dated 1923. Could you please check?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I wrote with the pictures that the label said official Claudio Monteverdi signed by Giovanni Maria verities 1923
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Hi Norm,

Assuming it is in good playable condition this would sell for $3000-5000 at auction. Not sure about bow, without a maker I can't really tell you, but almost all are marked on the stick above the frog. A good place to sell this is Skinner Auction skinnerinc.com.

Thanks,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,