Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I can"t find cost of apprausal, a Seaverns upright player

Customer Question

i can"t find cost of apprausal
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: a Seaverns upright player piano with numbrer 86408 also says "Oktavec" New York. appears all automatic with a pedal door but apparently no pedals, operates with a pull down drawer in front.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the musical instrument appraiser should know?
Customer: i just need to have an estimate of cost
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Does the player fully play the music rolls?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.