Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have an Elgin baby grand serial #313363. Could you please

Customer Question

I have an Elgin baby grand serial #313363. Could you please tell me when it was manufactured. The piano is in tune but parts of the wood need re-furbishing. What would be the average selling price for this piano.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: THanks Rod
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Could you please confirm the serial number as all of the serial number listings I have found do not have any 6 digit numbers for this make of piano. Could the number be 31363? Otherwise this number may not be the serial number.

Please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case numbers, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number which should allow me to correctly date your piano.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Hello again. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you. John