twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

1934 Steinway Model L appraisal. Soundboard rebuilt in

Customer Question

1934 Steinway Model L appraisal. Soundboard rebuilt in 1980s. Cabinet and chair refinished from high gloss black to satin finish at the same time. Inspected, cleaned, tuned and regulated by RPT last week. Some bass strings may need replacing. Rated "Very Good Condition". Purchased new by my mother's (Juilliard graduate) parents in 1934. Mother was sole owner. Beneficiary unable to accept, and needs to be moved from home.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can send photos if needed and inspection report. Thank you. Nancy
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Clearly, your piano has been well maintained. If it is in very good restored and refinished condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your piano is approximately $35,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $14,000, depending on location and actual condition. If you are selling this piano, be sure to provide your customer with the inspection report.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.