Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I would like to know the value of a cherry Steinway, 5'8"

Customer Question

I would like to know the value of a cherry wood Steinway, 5'8" grand, The Crown Jewel Collection; Cherry. It is signed by a Steinway and VanCyburn inside.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi Colette,
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the age or serial number of your Steinway?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. I can find out tomorrow. The piano is at an estate sale. Where would the serial number be located?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

On Steinway grand pianos the serial number can be found on the cast iron plate between the tuning pins above the keyboard.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll see if I can get it. Talk to you tomorrow.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Ok Colette,

Thanks