Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I am the owner of a Steinway piano and would like to know

Customer Question

I am the owner of a Steinway piano and would like to know what I might expect to sell it for. Model L 240527. During this past week, it has been tuned by Dr. Earl W. Crisp to A440. including lubrication action with Protek and McLube 444. Balanced harp and adjusted key slip to proper position. This piano has been in my family since 1926. Pretty ebony finish. Sale includes bench. Thank-you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Thank you for the detailed information. It is good to hear that your piano has been well maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful, but if not I can continue without them if necessary.

Hello again. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.