twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I need to know what the approximate value of an antique

Customer Question

Hi. I need to know what the approximate value of an antique bell 4 peddle piano with rebuilt insides by the late professional piano man Rudy Kiniski, brother of the professional wrestler Gene *******

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fourth peddle gives it the sound of a honky tonk piano
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

What is the brand of this piano, and what is its serial number, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned it is a BELL piano made in eastern Canada. The serial number I don't know.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Your piano was made between the 1860s and the 1940s. Without a serial number that's as close as I can get.

The four pedal feature was exclusive to Bell pianos.

If your piano has been regularly tuned, has been fully restored and is in very good condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $2,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $800, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!