Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a 1917 upright piano which belonged to my

Customer Question

I have a 1917 upright piano which belonged to my grandmother. I am interested in finding out what it's worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question!Old upright pianos are generally worth much less than newer ones due to the age of the mechanical parts and wear on the instrument itself. I'm glad your tuner commented that the condition is good for its age, that is helpful. An old upright piano in good original condition can still make a useful instrument today. Based on your description of condition and age, and based on recent comparable sales, I would recommend a current value of approximately $200-$500 depending on market. Best wishes!Please select a positive rating at the top--this is how the website credits me for working with you. Thanks!
Hi, I notice you viewed my answer but haven't selected a rating. Rating me is how the website credits me for working with you and it really helps me out. Please let me know if you need any further help.