Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

What is range of value Conn trombone with serial number

Customer Question

what is range of value for a Conn trombone with serial number 693180?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising musical instruments since 1970. Please tell me if there is a model number or name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the name "Director" is imprinted on the horn
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

According to the serial number your trombone was made in 1957. The model is "Director", this a student quality horn and would sell for $200-400 at auction and on the secondhand market.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service, click on the stars. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My quick review of an online service seem to indicate that the serial number was associated to instruments from 1900/"01??
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

That would be true if it were "69,318" but you told me "693,180" which is 1957.

Thanks,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again,