Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

How much is my Yamaha G0 baby grand piano worth. It has the

Customer Question
How much is my Yamaha...
How much is my Yamaha G0 baby grand piano worth. It has the walnut finish and the serial number is #978537
Thank you for your information, it is very important.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
4/10/2016
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 1 year ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
Hello Steve. Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you. I am completing the research for you on this now and will come back to you in the next 20 minutes.
Sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience Steve. Yamaha Pianos are very well liked and respected in the US. They sell quite well and thus they generally hold their prices in the secondhand market. The serial number dates your piano to a year of build of 1970, so it is in the order of 46 years old and thus will have quite an amount of depreciation due to age and usage. This is a 4 foot 8 inch Baby Grand so it is a smallish size and the current models are bigger. A new 5 foot Yamaha retails today at around $16,000 after Dealer discounts. I think the $600/800 offers are very much on the low side Therefore based on the information I have and the details you have supplied I believe your piano has a value in the range of $2,500 to $4,000 for a private sale. If you need to sell quickly you may have to accept an offer below this range. Dealers should usually offer you up to 40% less than these figures. You could try advertising it in your local newspapers which may bring you a result. Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating; therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar general sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me. John
Hello again Steve. It seems that you may have viewed my answer to your question but not yet followed up on the question process. So may I ask if you need any further help? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you. John.
John,  CT ABRSM
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.