Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a chickering and son's 1947 upright, serial number

Customer Question

Hello, we have a chickering and son's 1947 upright, serial number 205245, it's in pretty rough shape...just wondering if it's worth restoring
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was my grandmother's, it's been moved about 7 times cross country, left outside, and then left in Texas heat for about 10 years. It hasn't been tuned or touched in probably 30 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: my grandmother was the original owner
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
I'm not seeing it. Can you try again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a chickering and son's 1947 upright, serial number 205245, it's in pretty rough shape...just wondering if it's worth restoring.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Spinet style
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did it come through this time?
Sorry, no photo appears. I can go ahead without one if you want.