Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

What is my burlington strata case serial # 3709671 worth

Customer Question

What is my burlington strata case serial #(###) ###-####worth
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 1 year ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

The Burlington Watch Company, was a mail-order sales company. By selling directly to the consumer, they were able to eliminate the costly sales and distribution channel. Watches were sold on the "installment plan," which allowed them to be paid off at $2-$3 dollars per month, thus making high-quality watches available to those who otherwise might not be able to afford them..

The majority of watches sold by Burlington were "privately labeled" movements made under contract by the Illinois Watch Company i.e. they are Illinois watches. Some contend that the Burlington Watch Company was a subsidiary of the Illinois Watch Company, but this claim has not been documented. Burlington also sold a small number of movements made by Henry Moser & Co, in Switzerland. These movements may have been sold only in Canada and appear to have been cased in Canadian-made cases. Most American Burlington watches were sold in Burlington-signed gold-filled cases of good quality.

The serial number indicates that your Burlington Strata was produce in 1921.

In today's market your watch has a value range of $125.00 to $250.00.