Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Considering buying a 1937 Sohmer "cupid" grand for $2200.

Customer Question

Considering buying a 1937 Sohmer "cupid" grand for $2200. First piano purchase ever and willing to pay 1000-2500 for whatever I end up with. Any thoughts (since you popped up)?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/5433108381.html
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Musical Instrument Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. For this piano being in good original condition, regularly tuned and with no mechanical issues, I think the asking price is fair. Usually I see the Cupid models having a more ornate case, legs and music rack so this one is pretty simple. The ad shows it has been on the market for 21 days, so perhaps they will be willing to negotiate price, otherwise I think this sounds like a reasonable buy. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--that's the only way I'm credited for working with you. Thanks!