Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

My great grandfather made a hardanger fiddle in 1935 at the…

Customer Question
My great grandfather made...

My great grandfather made a hardanger fiddle in 1935 at the age of 85.It was made from material fom a bed and dressor brought from norway in 1876. I have a fiddle passed down to me and would like to know if it could be the same. how can i find out and if it has more than sentamental value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

It has no lables to be found inside but is very good detail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
2/19/2016
Musical Instrument Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher replied 2 years ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher

Hi Douglas,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

There's one part of your question that is a little confusing me. You say, "I have a fiddle passed down to me and would like to know if it could be the same." The same as what?

the same one he made.

You wnt to know if the fiddle you have is the one your great grandfather made? I can value it for you, but there is no way to tell who made it without a label inside or other provenance. Do you still want me to value it for you?