Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Someone left me a Kimball upright piano. It's model number

Customer Question

Someone left me a Kimball upright piano. It's model number is ***** It says that it's oak on an inside plate.
I'm clueless, please help.
The serial number, if it helps you is : B92819
Thanking you in advance,
Margie Edgar
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question! The model S425 is a console upright (meaning between 40-43" tall) and is designed with a furniture look for home use. Based on Kimball serial number records, this piano was built in 1981. Kimball pianos, when they were in business, built lower cost instruments and many of their later products had quality issues. Considering maker, size, described condition and the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $700-$1,100 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please help me out by selecting a positive rating before leaving. This is the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks!

Hi, I notice you have viewed my answer but not selected a rating. It would help me out greatly if you would select a rating, otherwise I am not credited for my time working with you even though you have already paid the website for the service. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!