Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I am trying to determine a fair selling price Mehlin & Sons…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to determine a fair selling price for a Mehlin & Sons Viola Grand circa 1920's ... I am downsizing and moving and want to find the piano a decent home... I know it's not worth much... just trying to find out approximate selling price.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Cabinet has some damage == nicks scratches etc.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
2/1/2016
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 2 years ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Do you have a serial number please? If you need to know where to find the serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case and part numbers. Please try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the correct number.

What is the length of your Grand Piano? Has it been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Hello again. It seems that you may not have viewed my information request - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you.

Thank you. I do not have further need of your services

Thank you for letting me know.