Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a Knabe upright (spinet?) that needs tuning and has

Customer Question

Hi there - I have a Knabe upright (spinet?) that needs tuning and has one key that needs to be fixed (doesn't make a sound, doesn't bounce back.) It worked fifteen years ago when my daughter was taking lessons and has sat in the same place ever since. It's early 1940's based on the serial number, a nice art deco style. The very top panel has some water rings but overall it looks good. When we originally got it, the fellow who tuned it said that it was a really good piano. Time to sell it because we are moving. How much should we ask? I have pictures if it would help. Thanks!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. In good playable condition, your piano would sell for $600-800 at auction and insurance value is $1200.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,