John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Hobart m cable spinnette serial 184113 value

Customer Question

hobart m cable spinnette serial 184113 value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

The serial number records show that your piano was built during the year 1947, so it is 68 years old.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not a proper answer, it is another question! You should have answered, If the piano is well maintained and tuned, it would be worth $______. So you just charged me for a Non-answer!

I have not been paid anything. I am sorry to disappoint you but in order to give you a more complete answer it is usual to have more information rather than giving just a best guess. If you just want a ballpark figure then I will give you that.

This is a very small upright piano at around 36 to 40 inches high and these are now no longer made because the sound quality and volume was restricted as the soundboards were quite small.

In 'very good' condition as you have stated your ''Hobart M Cable Spinnette'' will have a ballpark value between $400 and $800 for a private sale.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service, therefore I trust that you have now found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

I wish you a Happy Christmas.

Hello again. It seems that you may not have viewed my answer to your question 4 days ago or you have not received the Email to advise you that the appraisal answer is on here waiting for you. So may I ask if you need any further help? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, I would be very grateful if you could please complete the question process by clicking on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you.