John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I am looking at a 1989 Daewoo Sojin piano serial G023830 and

Customer Question

I am looking at a 1989 Daewoo Sojin piano serial G023830 and seeing what the value of this would be?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

What is the size of this grand piano? I need the maximum length measured to the point over the leg furthest away from the keys. Has it been regularly tuned and maintained please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said it is 56 inches and needs to be tuned.

Thank you for the information. I will complete the research and come back to you in about 30 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

At 56 inches this is classed as quite a small Baby Grand Piano. These piano were made by the Sojin Piano Company, a division of Daewoo, in a factory in Korea. They were generally of a lower quality and price range.

Based on it being around 26 years old it will have experienced quite an amount of depreciation due to age and usage. Thus on the information I have, I believe this piano has a value for a private sale in the $1500 to $2000 range.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH' button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello. It seems that you have not yet viewed my appraisal answer - it could be that you did not receive it, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question? I would be very grateful if you could please let me know.