Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a cable serial number 18265b circa 1935. I purchased…

Customer Question
Hi i have a cable...
Hi i have a cable nelson serial number 18265b circa 1935 . I purchased at mary pickford's estate auction 2008 , i believe this piano belonged to marilyn monroe, purchased by her mother glady's mortensen . I saw on the internet that marlyn sold it in 1955 and i believe she gave it to mary pickford and mary helped her set up her production compony. I would love your help. Thank you inadvance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
11/24/2015
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 2 years ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you. I will ask you to complete the star rating and payment process after I have completed the question for you.

Are you searching for details of the history on this piano. Do you have any written provenance?

Has the piano been regularly tuned and maintained. Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built please? Can you please attach some pictures on here using the paperclip on the menu bar.

You have not found any information on the piano so i cant pay you if you need pictures there on the interent at kuliens auction

I do not think I am going to be able to help you with this so I will opt out and maybe another expert will be able to assist you.

Musical Instrument Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher replied 2 years ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher

Hi Phyllis,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

In order to give you an accurate valuation, I need you to answer some questions for me:

Has the piano been regularly tuned? Has it had any internal restoration? Do you have anything in writing that says it was Marilyn Monroe's or Mary Pickford's? This information is important for the appraisal.