Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Average value of 1940s 4-string guitar?

Customer Question

Average value of 1940s 4-string Martin guitar?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the model number. If you look inside toward the neck, there should be a model number and a serial number. Please tell me both if you can.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not have a model number. It is marked as a C J Martin made in Nazareth PA. It has Grover machine heads. It is 32.5" long. And 11.5" at it's widest point.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

If you look inside, there should be a block that supports the neck of the guitar. You will probably have to look at an angle. I will be able to identify this from a photo. There are a few different, models. There is spruce top , mahagony back, spruce top rosewood back, and all mahogany dark brown top as well.

Can you post a photo of this? Front and back.
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0