twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I was given a violin that has Vuillaume Paris branded onto

Customer Question

I was given a violin that has Vuillaume Paris branded onto the back. On the inside is a label that says
VUILLAUME, a Paris
Rue Croix des Petits Champs, 46.
Right above the label, written on the wood it says HH. S. 10/4. '45.
I'm assuming its a student copy?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jan,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

Yes, your violin is a student copy of a Vuillaume insturment, made in a factory in Mirecourt, France, in the mid-20th century.

If your violin is in very good condition with very good tone, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $800. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $320, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Jan.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating!

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jan,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.