Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Type: The Cabel Company, Chicago, Ill # BB 279904, Baby

Customer Question

Type: The Cabel Company, Chicago, Ill
# ***** 279904, Baby Grand
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question! Based on the serial number you provided, your piano was built in 1928. It is important to know there are two different Cable piano companies one of them is called cable – Nelson. If yours has this latter name, please let me know so I can reevaluate. When valuing a piano, it is important to understand that the older a piano is, the less valuable it is. This is because a piano is a mechanical instrument that wears out with use and overtime. Since yours was built in 1928, it will have lost most of its value. If a piano has any mechanical or cosmetic restoration, the current value could increase. Based on your description of maker, size, description, as well as considering that use piano market, I would recommend a current selling value of approximately $2100-$2700 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating at the top before leaving, it's the only way I'm credited for working with you. Thanks!

Hi, just checking back to see if you need more help? If not, please click a rating at the top of this page. Your positive rating is the only way I'm credited for the time spent working on your question. Thanks!