Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

I have a Baldwin upright piano with bench style 535

Customer Question
serial#1482060...
I have a Baldwin upright piano with bench style 535 serial#1482060
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2015
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 2 years ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will be a pleasure to help you.

The serial number dates your Baldwin Console Upright to !990, so it is 25 years old. This is a 42 inch high upright, the current models are slightly taller.

I am assuming that your piano has been regularly tuned, maintained and generally in good condition. Therefore from the the information I have, the details you have provided, the size, make and age of your Piano, I believe it has a value in the $1,800 to $2,400 range for a private sale. If are selling to a Dealer then it would be up to 30% less than the average of this price range.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with an excellent service and receive a 5 star rating, therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click 'RATE TO FINISH', as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you. There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’ I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help please contact me.

Hello again. I see that you have not yet followed up on my answer to your question so may I ask if you need any further help please?

I would also just like to let you know that unless you complete the question process by giving a rating for my answer I will not be credited for the answer and receive my percentage from the amount you have agreed for this question. So if you do not have any further points that need to be answered on this question, could I please ask you to click on the rating/star button/box. If for any reason you cannot see the rating/star button/box please just send a reply to this message on here with the rating you wish to give. Thank you again.

John,  CT ABRSM
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.