Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Relative value of an 1874 Roosevelt pipe organ , positive style,

Customer Question

Relative value of an 1874 Roosevelt pipe organ , positive style, no pedals? Thank you!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
two ranks, split keyboard,am told there only 5 in the States, untouched cherry case. owned 50 years.
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field. I am happy to help. These pump organs do have value but their detail and condition are key. Do you have any images to share?
You can try to attach something with the paper clip icon tool (if you see one) or use our email system through the support team who will forward images to me.
Send images to:
***@******.***
"Kim D. in antiques" in the subject line will help the support team find me.
I look forward to hearing from you and learning a bit more and seeing this cherry example.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kim D, Pix sent, hope it helps you. Critical review of condition....., looks exactly like the Lehman inst, the opus # ***** ***** The pump pedals are removed, and a blower/regulator added. Releathered in 1955. Has ciphers, needs maint, but all orig pipes and orig bellows reservoir. listed with O.H.S when I bought it in 1958. Have no idea of worth, paid $400 for it, which was considered an insider price then. Does this help you? Standing by, ***** *****
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you David - I don't see anything yet but I know the team can take time to get images out..and the weekend can be slower.
I will respond as soon as I see something.
I appreciate your efforts..and patience.
Kim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kim D, Patience, I Certainly hope so, Owned It for 50 years! I appreciate your help. Since I am paying for this, would you accept value Q's on, Lyon+Healy style 17 french pedal harp, 1928, a National la troubadore DOBRO, beautiful shape, 1928, ...and a Gibson steel acoustic guitar, ex. cond, 1950 style C3? Kids are gone, one is pro musician in an orchestra, and do not want these collected gems. Thank you, David
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
I am a bit worried as images still have not shown up, David.
Have you tried the paper clip icon attachment tool?
Or would you like to try a free site such as www.imgur.com? No log in or account, it makes a link to the images that you post on the site and a copy and paste here would allow me to click and find them there.
As for other instruments, we handle one at a time and you are welcome to post these each in a question with an image but I do not feel comfortable doing many of these items described. I try to stick to what I know well but I know that others on the site will pick these up and assess them for you.
If you have other items, such as antique furniture, rare books, historic objects, photographs, fine art, decorative items, toys, dolls, textiles and costume, clocks etc..I am always here for you and would love to help as well. A customized subscription is often best for a short, or long, list.
Kim
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello - I hope that I haven't lost you, David.
Are you still working on images? How else can I assist.
I haven't received any images, if they were sent.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** D , No, you have not lost me, I am sad to say i have been sending images to your "customer support", and then nothing????? I have tried directly talking to them.....Not helpful. I'll try again today. Hang with me? David
Expert:  Kim D. replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm. I am not sure that customer service will get them to me.
We usually send items through the support team
***@******.***
I will keep an eye out for them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kim D, I'll try again with Boston Museum of Fine Art site that shows the Roosevelt cabinet organ. David
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not as good or detailed as the Lehman Building's site, but better pics? Here is the link of the organ - http://www.mfa.org/collections/object/chamber-organ-50917