Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I would like to know the approximate value of

Customer Question

I would like to know the approximate value of a 25 piano key accordion. It was brought from Italy to California in the gold rush. I have had it for 41 years. On it is the name, "Camerano" which I believe is the Italian town in which it was made. On the side of it, it has "M 111/150 made in Italy."
It is in perfect condition and was played by an accordionist yesterday. She said that it has a beautiful sound.
It has a case in which it has always been.
Thank you.
Sincerely, Linda
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is a nice Italian made accordion. This is a very basic student model, with only 25 keys and 12 bass keys. This is not as old as the California gold rush circa 1849, This was made in the 1950s. In good playable condition, ti would sell for $200-300 at auction and insurance value is $500.
Thank you,