Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have an Ivers and Pond upright piano. It was originally

Customer Question

I have an Ivers and Pond upright piano. It was originally in a basement in Dayton Ohio back in the 70's. My dad had to take it apart just to get it out. The number on it is 27208. I believe that is the serial number. I am wanting to know the ballpark value. It's been totally refurbished (box only). Thanks for your help!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Since this piano is rather old (1900), the value may vary quite a bit just based on the condition. A basement is not a good place for a piano due to the high humidity and temperature changes, so the amount of time it was stored there will make a difference. In addition, I'm assuming it is not tuned regularly which is also less than desirable for a piano this old. In general, old uprights aren't worth much due to the deteriorating mechanical condition--only a small part of value is derived from the cosmetic appearance alone. Based on your description as well as the photo and used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $350-$600. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, I notice you viewed my answer but haven't replied or rated and want to make sure you don't need any other information from me. Do you have any follow up questions?