Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a kranich bach grand piano. It is probably over a hundred

Customer Question

I have a kranich bach grand piano. It is probably over a hundred years old. Needs to be frinished. Has all the keys and definitely needs tuning!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Because of the very old age and lack of maintenance, this piano will be on the lower end of the value spectrum. The thousands of parts in a piano's action wear over time which is the main reason for loss in value. You can expect about a 70 year lifespan, with regular tuning and maintenance, before major work is needed on a piano. Considering the description you provided and taking into account the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $1,200-$1,700 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Hi, I see you have viewed my answer but not replied or selected a rating. Did you need any more help with this? If not, I would appreciate your selecting a rating. Let me know if you have any trouble doing so. Thanks!