Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have an old upright mathushek piano with inlaid stain glass

Customer Question

I have an old upright mathushek piano with inlaid stain glass and a small knob built in which switches the sound to a Mandolin. Trying to get an idea of the age and value.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Can you tell me the serial number?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you know where the serial number is ***** located? I do know this is from the late 1800s

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually I found what looks like a serial number inside 21915

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
You are right, This is circa 1890. Assuming that your piano is in good playable condition, it would sell for $2000-3000 at auction and Insurance value is $5000. These are selling for about $15,000 after total restoration; however, it can cost close to 10k to do it.
Thanks,
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,