Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I Have a Zimmermann piano - the only # ***** could find is 145

Customer Question

I Have a Zimmermann piano - the only # ***** could find is 145 2 89 23 (raised) inside the back. It also has a trademark of Seit 1884 Luckenwalde-made in gdr union. The words veb deutsche piano-union leipzig 1710 are also on the piano. A sticker on the underside says Performance Pianos Inc S 145 CH MAH Pol. We bought the piano from a neighbor who was moving to Hawaii but neither my husband or I play it. Also I think it is a baby grand. Don't know it's age.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the length of your piano. Does this have an ebony finish or wood?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The length is 49inches and it is dark wood with a very glossy finish. Ebony?
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Your piano was made in 1989. This would sell for $1500-2000 at auction and on the secondhand market. Insurance value is $3000.
Thank you,
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,