John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Need selling price of a 20 year old Young Chang upright piano.

I have a Young Chang upright piano that I would like to sell but have no idea what its value would be. It was purchased about 20 years ago. It is in very good shape but needs to be tuned. Could you please give me an idea of what the asking price should be.
Thank you.

pianoandmusic :

Please let me know if you need help locating the serial number. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-vi924mg5- :

I don't know if this means anything but I found a receipt from the piano tuner and he wrote "Young Chang F108 #1646478".

I believe we paid over $3,000 for it when we bought it.

pianoandmusic :

Is it possible to send me some pictures please?

JACUSTOMER-vi924mg5- :

Full Size Image

pianoandmusic :

I can confirm that your piano is dated Circa 1992. The piano looks to be in good to excellent condition and should achieve a price in the range of $2000 to $2500. However, please bear in mind that it is a buyers market at the moment and there are a good many pianos for sale out there so you may achieve considerably less than this figure. If you are intending to sell it is better to start with a high price and negotiate down if necessary.

To get the best price, although it may take longer, it is better to sell privately, because a dealer will offer you far less in order to make a profit. However, if you want to sell quickly then a dealer is best.

JACUSTOMER-vi924mg5- :

This is most helpful. Thank you for your time and effort.