Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

This is your second interview with a prestigious brokerage…

Customer Question
This is your second...

This is your second interview with a prestigious brokerage firm for a job as an equity analyst. You survived the morning interviews with the department manager and the vice president of equity. Everything has gone so well that they want to test your ability as an analyst. You are seated in a room with a computer and a list with the names of two companies – Caterpillar (CAT) and Microsoft (MSFT). Complete the following tasks:Download the annual income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements for the last three fiscal years from MarketWatch (www.marketwatch.com). Enter each company’s stock symbol and then go to “financials.” Copy and paste the financial statements into Excel.Find historical stock prices for each firm from Yahoo! Finance (finance.yahoo.com). Enter the stock symbol, click “Historical Prices” in the left column, and enter the proper date range to cover the last day of the month corresponding to the date of each financial statement. Using the closing stock prices (not the adjusted close). To calculate the firm’s market capitalization at each date, multiply the number of shares outstanding (see “Basic Weighted Shares Outstanding” on the income statement) by the firm’s historic stock price.For each of the three years of statements, compute the following ratios for each firm:
Profitability RatiosOperating margin (use operating income after depreciation)Net profit marginReturn on equityFinancial Strength RatiosCurrent ratioBook debt-equity ratioMarket debt-equity ratioInterest coverage ratio (EBIT ÷ interest expense)Compare the ratios across the two firms. How do you interpret the difference between them?

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?

Its fiscal year of 2016, 2015, 2014

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Multiple Problems
it have to be in excel and i nee it before 8am
12/19/2017
Business Tutor: F. Naz, B.Com replied 7 months ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com

Hi, I can do this in next 18 to 24 hours, thanks.

sure but it due tomorrow
im at work

Please accept the offer so answer may be provided in next 24 hours, take care.

no i ready pay for it any why would i pay again