Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

I need help with an algebra word problem. I am working on an…

Customer Question
I need help with an...
I need help with an algebra word problem. I am working on an SAT practice test and I am stuck.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Multiple Problems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Business Tutor: Johnmark1900, Associate Degree replied 10 months ago
Johnmark1900
Johnmark1900, Associate Degree

My name is***** post the question so that i may have a look.

Thanx

What is the least positive integer that is divisible by 3, 4, and 7 and that has a remainder of 1 when divided by 5? The answer is 336 and I have no idea why.
3x4x7=84
84 is the least possible integer that is divisible by all these numbers(3,4,7).
but it doesnot gives you remainder 1 when divided by 5, so you need to look for multiples of 84 to get the desired possible interger.
84x2=168
168 again give you remainder 1 when divided by 5
so 84x3 =252
same as above
so 84x4= 336.
this 336 when divided by 5 will give you remainder 1, therefore 336 is the desired number.
Hope this will help you. if any queries let me know, else POSITIVELY RATE the answer.
thanx
any queries?