Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

Multiple Problems

1. (TCO A) The following data (in thousands of dollars) have

Customer Question
been taken from the accounting...
1. (TCO A) The following data (in thousands of dollars) have been taken from the accounting records of Larklin Corporation for the just-completed year.Sales
$920Purchases of raw materials
$215Direct labor
$170Manufacturing overhead
$275Administrative expenses
$180Selling expenses
$140Raw materials inventory, beginning
$100Raw materials inventory, ending
$65Work-in-process inventory, beginning
$75Work-in-process inventory, ending
$35Finished goods inventory, beginning
$130Finished goods inventory, ending
$165Prepare a Schedule of Cost of Goods Manufactured statement in the text box below. (Points : 15)Question 2. 2. (TCO B) The Florida Company manufactures a product that goes through three processing departments. Information relating to activity in the first department during June is given below.
Percentage Completed
Units
Materials
ConversionWork in process, June 1
160,000
65%
45%Work in process, Jun 30
130,000
75%
65%The department started 650,000 units into production during the month and transferred 680,000 completed units to the next department.Required: Compute the equivalent units of production for the first department for June, assuming that the company uses the weighted-average method of accounting for units and costs. (Points : 20)Question 3. 3. (TCO C) A cement manufacturer has supplied the following data.Tons of cement produced and sold
220,000Sales revenue
$924,000Variable manufacturing expense
$297,000Fixed manufacturing expense
$280,000Variable selling and admin expense
$165,000Fixed selling and admin expense
$82,000Net operating income
$100,000
Required:
Calculate the company's unit contribution margin.
Calculate the company's contribution margin ratio.
If the company increases its unit sales volume by 5% without increasing its fixed expenses, what would the company's net operating income be? (Points : 25)Question 4. 4. (TCO D) The Hampton Company produces and sells a single product. The following data refer to the year just completed.Selling price
$450Units in beginning inventory
0Units produced
25,000Units sold
22,000Variable costs per unit:Direct materials
$150Direct labor
$75Variable manufacturing overhead
$25Variable selling and admin
$15Fixed costs:Fixed manufacturing overhead
$275,000Fixed selling and admin
$200,000
Required:
Compute the cost of a single unit of product under both the absorption costing and variable costing approaches.
Prepare an income statement for the year using absorption costing.
Prepare an income statement for the year using variable costing. (Points : 30)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Multiple Problems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2016
Business Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

I can have this done by 8:00 p.m. I will not charge you more if you accept the original offer.

Donna

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree