Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

Multiple Problems

Answer questions, how much is it? questions look familiar, I

Customer Question
answer for the questions, how...
answer for the questions, how much is it?
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: questions look familiar, I have twenty five questons
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell us more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: how do I pay for the quiz and do I get answer for the twenty five questions, do I need to submit the questions,?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: i am ready
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: well, my quiz is on gen 499 and i have twenty five questions, some of which i see on your document
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Multiple Problems
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT I NEED ANSWERS FOR I WAS TRYING TO ANSWER THEM MYSELFQuestion 1. 1. <11{1[1(19)19]}> All sages provide both wisdom and inspiration. Since Dasha’s speech contained wisdom and greatly inspired her audience, Dasha is a sage.
Which one of the following points out the flaw in the argument above? (Points : 1)
Just because Dasha is a sage doesn’t mean that she is always wise and inspirational.
Just because Dasha’s speech provided wisdom and inspiration doesn’t mean that it provided more wisdom than inspiration.
Just because Dasha satisfied two requirements of being a sage doesn’t necessarily mean that she satisfies all the requirements of being a sage.
Just because Dasha provided wisdom and inspiration in a speech doesn’t mean that all sages use speeches to provide wisdom and inspiration.Question 2. 2. <21{1[1(13)13]}> A recent study of 100 employees from six departments of a major corporation found 65% to be sleep deprived. The researchers concluded that the majority of corporate employees are sleep deprived.
The researcher’s conclusion is suspect because it: (Points : 1)
assumes that corporate employees are more sleep deprived than other people.
is based on evidence that is statistically impossible.
fails to describe the effects the sleep deprivation has.
relies on a sample that is too small to represent the entire corporate workforce.Question 3. 3. <11{1[2(06)06]}> Reporter: A new campaign finance reform bill being considered by Congress would limit the amount of campaign contributions that political candidates can receive. However, a survey of candidates running for mayor, governor, and senate seats shows that not one of them favors the bill. Clearly, there is no desire among politicians to limit campaign contributions.
Which one of the following points out the flaw in the reporter’s argument above? (Points : 1)
The reporter doesn’t indicate the amount that the new bill would limit campaign contributions.
The evidence provided by the reporter suggests that most politicians are in favor of the new bill.
The reporter wrongly assumes that no politician has ever supported a bill intended to limit campaign contributions.
The views of candidates currently running for office do not necessarily represent the views of all politicians.Question 4. 4. <21{1[1(01)01]}> Since Jessica’s participation in local politics increased significantly after she joined her school’s political science club, it is clear that her involvement in that club led her to take an interest in politics.
The argument above is flawed because: (Points : 1)
it doesn’t say which political issues Jessica is interested in.
it states that the only purpose of the political science club is to spark an interest in politics.
it misuses the word “significantly.”
it’s possible that an interest in politics caused Jessica to join the political science club.Question 5. 5. <11{1[4(17)17]}> Mrs. Orlof teaches two history classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Yesterday she gave the same test to both classes. Anyone who failed the test must take a retest. Since a greater percentage of students who took the morning test failed the test than students who took the afternoon test, more of Orlof’s morning history students than afternoon history students will have to take the retest.
The conclusion above is not necessarily valid because: (Points : 1)
more students in the morning class may have passed the test than failed the test.
some students may have been absent from both classes.
some of the students who passed the afternoon test may have received information about the test from morning students.
more students may have taken the test in the afternoon than in the morning.Question 6. 6. <11{1[3(02)02]}> Catherine goes to her local movie theater only to see romantic comedies. Since Catherine did not go to the movies yesterday, there is not a romantic comedy playing at her local theater.
The reasoning above is flawed because the evidence: (Points : 1)
does not suggest that Catherine goes to see every romantic comedy that plays at her local movie theater.
implies that Catherine is uninterested in most types of movies.
does not indicate whether Catherine watches only romantic comedies at home.
suggests that Catherine’s local movie theater hardly ever shows romantic comedies.Question 7. 7. <21{2[1(01)25]}> The untimely death of Professor Hathaway halted his groundbreaking research into the uses of solar power. It therefore appears that Hathaway’s research will not result in practical applications.
Which one of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument? (Points : 1)
Professor Hathaway’s research can be used by other scientists to create useful
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I NEED THE ANSWERS TODAY, NOW
7/5/2016
Business Tutor: Judy Bailey,
 replied 1 year ago
Judy Bailey

Hello and thank you for using justanswer! I'll be happy to help you with this. I fear that it is time sensitive because it is midnight on July 4 (CST).

Also, apparently the information was cut off for question 7.7.

Please advise if you wish to proceed and what the missing information is.

Judy

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree