Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

Emeric is my name! I have two problems that I am having a…

Customer Question
Emeric is my name...

Emeric is my name! I have two problems that I am having a hard time with.

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Q 1. You have purchased shares in Company XYU three years ago at R100.00 per share. You have just received a dividend of R15.40 per share pertaining to the company’s current financial year. The company’s annual financial statements revealed that the growth in the dividends was 5% and that it was expected to grow at the same rate. Your required rate of return on your investment is 25% as a shareholder. Calculate the value per share of Company XYU for the present time.Q 2. Gens Enterprises is studying the replacement of some equipment that originally cost R74,000. The equipment is expected to provide six more years of service if R8,700 of major repairs are performed in two years. Annual cash operating costs total R27,200. Gens can sell the equipment now for R36,000; the estimated residual value in six years is R5,000. New equipment is available that will reduce annual cash operating costs to R21,000. The equipment costs R103,000, has a service life of six years and has an estimated residual value of R13,000. Company sales will total R430,000 per year with either the existing or the new equipment. Gens has a minimum desired return of 12% and depreciates all equipment by the straight-line method. Required: 1. By using the net-present-value method, determine whether Gens should keep its present equipment or acquire the new equipment. Round all calculations to the nearest Rand and ignore income.2. Gens's management feels that the time value of money should be considered in all long-term decisions. Briefly discuss the rationale that underlies management's belief.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Multiple Problems
1/28/2016
Business Tutor: F. Naz, B.Com replied 2 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com

Please accept the offer, so the answer may be provided in next 24 hours, thanks.

Have you answered the 2 questions?

Will provide the answer in next 24 hours, please accept the offer, thanks.

I need my money back! I didn't accept the $51 charge. You charge $18 and I was okay with it.
I didn't accept the $51 charge with did you charge my account $51?

The expert is not credited unless the answer is given, please contact JA customer service in this regard, take care.

There's no where I accpted the $51 charge! I need my money put back; I haven't seen nor review any answers from you so please put my money back. I just checked my account and see the $51 charge.
I have been talking to you, not JA Customer service so why should I talk to them now?

I have sent the request to customer service they will contact you, take care.