Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I got a total of 6 tax questions: Q1) Row, 56 yrs old, an

Customer Question

I got a total of 6 tax questions:
Q1) Row, 56 yrs old, an executive with a manufacturing company, has the following compensation packages:
A) a guaranteed $225,000
B) $150,000 bonus based on archiving financial goals
C) $25,000 anticipated contribution to firm's qualified profit sharing plan
D) $50,000 to Row's alma mata on a pledge Row did
E) 300,000 base salary
F) 20,000 to a trust for Row
G) 50,000 below market loan that Row will make for daughter's tuition
H) 2,050,000 group term insurance
I) 6,880 annual packing benefits
pls (1) determine which items are includable into and excludable from gross income of Row's for 2014 tax year
2) which items for 2014 are deductible (and to what extent), by his manufacturing corp. an accrual basis taxpayer?
3) assuming Row joins the manufacturing in 2014 and works a full year, what is her effective rate of taxation on her compensation package?
Q2: Adam is contemplating one of the following investments options:
a) corporate bond b) section 529 plan c) dividend paying stock d) life insurance e) savings account f) us treasury bond g) growth stock
assuming all 7 options earn similar returns before taxes , rank Adam's investment options from highest after tax return to lowest after tax return
2) which of the investments employ the deferral and/ or conversion tax planning strategies?
3) how does the time period of the investment affect the returns from these investments?
4) can you describe briefly how they differ in terms of their non-tax characteristics
Q3 Mike and Alice venture exploded beyond their imaginations: public stock holdings $50M, Adjusted gross income $2,250,000 for 2014 through 2023. They'll like to be philanthropic in the following ways:
a) 1M to Yale
2) $250k of stock to Salvation Army
3) 600k irrevocable life insurance policy to a museum, inventors will still own the policy
4) A pledge 100 hrs in teaching time worth $20K
5) use of their mansion by nature conservancy for a week-long conference for environmental issues. The weekly rental is $25k
6) $15k contribution for Tampa Dem/Rep party for equal split
7) 1,000,000 to fund charitable remainder unitrust at kato institute the present value of the future payments to the inventors is $550,000
8) $400,000 contribution in appreciated securities to the private foundation established in support of math and Eng. Education.
9) 3,000 to the homeless man the see on a daily basis to work
when Mike and Alice share their intended philanthropic news, one of their advisors believes the AMT eliminates the tax savings from charitable. pls comment.
2) calculate their charitable deductions for the year of their gifts in 2014 and 2015
Q4 Franco company reports current E & P of 300k and accumulated E & P of negative 200k. Franco company distributes 400k to its sole shareholder, Rock on Dec. 31,2015
his tax basis in the C corporation is 75K. Describe the tax consequences of the distribution to Rock including a calculation of her basis in the stock after the distribution
Mala's basis in BO partnership interest is $11,000. Mala receives $22,000 cash distriburtion from Bo in complete liquidation of her interest. Bo is an equal partnership with the following balance sheet
asset: basis fmv
cash 22,000 22,000
investment 8,800 8,800
land 2,200 35,200
totals 33,000 66,000
liabilities and capital:
capital - mala 11,000
- Dana 11,000
- Jana 11,000
what is the amount and character of Mala's recognized gain or loss? what is the effect on the partnership assets?
2) if Bo has a 754 election in place, what is the amount of the special basis adjustment
Note: These are the questions that I have. Thanks. Any questions please let me know.
Category: Multiple Problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the homework professionals.

The information you have posted does not show the proper formatting needed for the question and it would be beneficial for me to view the original assignment file if that is possible.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and share the link here.

Also, be sure to let me know the deadline to get the resource returned to you.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.

Thanks and I look forward to trying to assist on this question.