Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Need help with Schedule A. 1. Luke O. and I. Lane are

Customer Question

Need help with Schedule A.
1. Luke O. and Lisa I. Lane are married and file a joint return. Luke is a self-employed dentist and Lisa is a college professor. Luke and Lisa have three children. The oldest is Luther who lives at home. Luther is a part-time law student at South Texas College of Law (1303 San Jacinto, Houston, TX 77002, Tax ID 74-1554976) and worked part-time during the year, earning $1,800, which he spent for his own support. Luke and Lisa provided $7,000 toward Luther’s support (including $4,500 per Form 1098-T for Luther’s fall 2014 tuition). They also provided over half the support of their daughter Laura who is a full-time student at the University of St. Thomas. Laura worked part-time as an independent contractor during the year, earning $3,400. ***** *****ved at home until she was married December 1, 2014. She filed a joint return with her husband Lawrence who earned $40,000 during the year. Lyndon is the youngest and lived in the Lane’s home the entire year. The Lan
Category: Multiple Problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5. The Lanes purchased a single-family house as rental property for $155,000 on January 1, 2010, and immediately placed it into service. The house is located at***** Houston, TX 77009. The Lanes allocated $140,000 to the house and $15,000 to the land. They hold the property as rental property and manage it themselves. From January 1, 2010, they have rented the house to the same tenant. They depreciate the house using MACRS depreciation rules and conventions applicable to residential realty. The Lanes collected total rent of $12,000 in 2014. They had the following expenses related to the rent house in 2014:mm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7. Lisa is required by the University of Houston to visit several high schools in the Houston area to evaluate UH students who are doing their practice teaching. However, she is not reimbursed for the expenses she incurs in doing this. During the spring semester (January through April 2014), she drove her 2012 Honda Civic 6,855 miles in fulfilling this obligation. Lisa drove an additional 6,718 personal miles during 2014. She has been using the car since June 30, 2013. Lisa uses the standard mileage rate to calculate her car expenses. She has kept a mileage log that supports the mileage in 2014. Her Honda is available for personal use and she also has access to her husband’s car for personal use.
..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8. Luke and Lisa have given you a file containing the following receipts for expenditures during the year:Prescription medicines and drugs (net of insurance reimbursement) $ 398Doctor and hospital bills paid (net of insurance reimbursement) 2,785Sales taxes paid per actual receipts 3,766Real estate taxes on personal home 4,862Interest on home mortgage per Form 1098 (paid to JPMorgan Chase Bank) 8,893Interest on personal credit cards (consumer purchases) 564Cash contribution to Holy Rosary Church 3,500Payroll deductions for Lisa’s contributions to the United Way 200Professional dues (Lisa) 400Professional subscriptions (Lisa) 450Fee for 2013 tax return preparation paid April 15, 2014 (deduct all on Schedule A) 600..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3. The Lanes received $900 of interest from Wells Fargo Bank on a joint account. They received interest of $1,200 on city of Dallas bonds they bought in January with the proceeds of a loan from Green Bank. They paid interest of $900 on the loan. Luke received a dividend of $550 on IBM stock he owns. Lisa received a dividend of $380 on Microsoft Corporation stock she owns. Luke and Lisa received a dividend of $895 on jointly owned stock in Coca Cola Corporation. All of the dividends are qualified dividends...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone help calculate the itemized deductions for me?
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** data is not showing correctly (in column forms) - can you provide the original assignment in document form? Be sure to also include the specific directions for what you are needing.

You can use a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with me to view.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.