Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

TRUE/FALSE – 2 points each (20 total points) 1. An organization's human resources…

Customer Question
TRUE/FALSE – 2 points each...
TRUE/FALSE – 2 points each (20 total points)
1. An organization’s human resources are a means by which the firm fosters a sustained competitive advantage.
2. For a company with overseas operations, some critical concerns for success are the identification, selection, and compensation of expatriates.
3. Human Resource Planning (HRP) is the conducting of recruitment and selection methods according to a strategic plan.
4. Economic factors in environmental scanning include general and global conditions.
5. Organizations set major objectives and develop comprehensive plans to achieve those objectives through human resource planning.
6. Autonomous work teams use advanced computer and telecommunications to link team members.
7. A primary difficulty with work teams is that managers often find it hard to adapt to the role of leader rather than supervisor.
8. Knowledge development goes hand-in-hand with information sharing in high performance work systems.
9. Open pay
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Multiple Problems
6/28/2015
Business Tutor: adamousacom, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions. replied 3 years ago
adamousacom
adamousacom, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
What is your deadline ?
Business Tutor: Ellen, Doctoral Degree replied 3 years ago
Ellen, Doctoral Degree
Hello and thank you for requesting my assistance. Are there 10 questions? Only the first 8 of the questions are visible. Please send me questions 9 and 10. What is your deadline?
Tomorrow 6/29/2015 by 11:59pm
TRUE/FALSE – 2 points each (20 total points)1. An organization’s human resources are a means by which the firm fosters a sustained competitive advantage.
9. Open pay systems create a more egalitarian environment.
10. The design of the HR department must parallel the many dimensions of the business.MULTIPLE CHOICE – 3 points each (60 total points)1. A strategic view of HR considers employees as:
a. costly
b. liabilities
c. assets
d. replaceable2. Failure to invest in employees causes which of the following:
a. Inefficiency
b. Weakening of organization’s competitive position
c. Increased absenteeism
d. A and B3. ____ is a competency of the HR manager that entails knowing the business of their organization thoroughly. One must understand its economic and financial capabilities as well as develop external relations skills focused on their customers.
a. Change Mastery
b. HR Mastery
c. Business Mastery
d. Personal Credibility
4. ____ is a competency of the HR manager that involves innovativeness, creativity, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills. These skills enable the HR professionals to manage the change process within the organization.
a. Change Mastery
b. HR Mastery
c. Business Mastery
d. Personal Credibility5. ____ is a competency of the HR manager earned by developing personal relationships with internal customers, by demonstrating the values of the firm, by standing up for one's own beliefs, and by being fair-minded in dealing with others.
a. Change Mastery
b. HR Mastery
c. Business Mastery
d. Personal Credibility
6. The process of setting major organization objectives and developing plans to achieve them is called:
a. strategic planning.
b. HR planning.
c. job analysis.
d. environmental scanning.
7. HR managers must be concerned with meshing HR planning and the:
a. organization's strategic plan.
b. organization's marketing position.
c. organization's return on its human assets.
d. competitive environment.8. Social concerns include:
a. new processes
b. innovations
c. demographic trends
d. elder care9. All of the following statements are true except:
a. The fastest-growing segment of the workforce will be Asian Americans and Hispanics.
b. Today, nearly 25% of the workforce is composed of part-timers
c. High-tech job openings will continue to rise.
d. Due to increased education levels, fewer functionally illiterate employees will enter the workforce each year.10. A pictorial representation of all organizational jobs along with the numbers of employees currently occupying those jobs and future employment requirements is called:
a. a staffing table.
b. an organization chart.
c. a skills inventory.
d. career planning.11. ____ are one of the natural outcomes of poor workplace design.
a. improved morale
b. improved productivity
c. reduced absenteeism
d. increased injuries12. Employee involvement groups (EIs) are a means of
a. allowing the organization to monitor each employee's contribution to projects
b. allowing employees to control the flow and nature of work
c. enhancing the efficiency of the firm and maximizing employee contributions to managerial decision making.
d. ensuring that work conditions meet federal regulations.
13. Employee teams are an outgrowth of:
a. the job characteristics model
b. employee involvement and the philosophy of empowerment
c. employee involvement groups
d. quality circles14. A group of employees formed my management to immediately resolve a major problem and develop a long-term plan for problem resolution is called a/an:
a. self-directed team
b. task force team
c. cross-functional team.
d. employee rotation unit.15. Which of the following has not been identified with team success?
a. commitment to shared goals and objectives
b. consensus decision making
c. valuing individuals for their diversity
d. top down communication16. Nearly ____ percent of board of director’s seats in Fortune 500 companies are held by women.
a. 3 percent
b. 13 percent
c. 23 percent
d. 33 percent
17. Those artificial barriers based on attitudinal or organizational bias that prevent qualified individuals from advancing upward in their organizations into management positions refers to:
a. labor barriers
b. the glass ceiling
c. barriers to entry
d. Trade barriers18. The area of employment that is slowest to respond to affirmative action appeals is:
a. the advancement of women to top management positions
b. the advancement of minorities to middle and top management positions
c. the advancement of female single parents
d. the advancement of minorities to first level supervisor19. Disabled employees tend to have:
a. poor attendance rates.
b. lower turnover rates.
c. less loyalty to their employers.
d. lower levels of motivation.20. Retirees often return to their old employers because:
a. they cannot afford their retirement lifestyle
b. the Age Discrimination Act has eliminated mandatory retirement ages
c. the employers request them to
d. despite the negative effect on their work groups, they have knowledge the employers needSHORT ANSWER – 5 points each (10 total points)
1. What are the key objectives of Human Resource Planning?2. What are the barriers to Strategic Human Resource Management?ESSAY – 10 points
1. How does strategic HR differ from traditional HR?
Would you like 5 star to do this? If so I will opt out. Thanks.
I don't have any more time to wait for the answers. I will have to submit what I have without your help. It didn't really matter who gave me the answers just needed the answers as soon as possible. Thank you anyways.
I understand. I was prohibited from responding ding / because the offer that was made had to be responded to Its a JA thing. II would have responded earlier. I tried. Sorry
Thank you
welcome