linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Effective marketing starts with the recognition of:

Customer Question

organizational needs.
customer needs.
marketing strategies.
marketing needs.
The process by which information about the environment is generated, analyzed, and interpreted for use in marketing decision making is called:
the marketing concept.
marketing research.
recognition of customer needs.
product research.
__________ are factors that have been shown to affect consumer behavior.
Brand name, quality, newness, and complexity
Advertising, marketing, product, and price
Outlets, strategies, concept, and brand name
Quality, advertising, product positioning, and strategy
The process of dividing a market into groups of similar consumers and selecting the most appropriate group for the firm to serve is called __________.
marketing concept
marketing planning
market segmentation
marketing communication
What kind of new product strategy is being used when the manufacturer of Snapple lemonade adds a diet lemonade beverage to its product line?
Market development
Product development
Market saturation
Market penetration
From a marketing management perspective, __________ is an important strategic device for maintaining a competitive advantage in the market place.
marketing
public relations
retailing
advertising
__________ provide the ultimate consumer or organizational buyer with time, place, and possession utility.
Marketing plans
Strategic plans
Channels of distribution
Marketing concepts
__________ pricing is most often used to describe the pricing of services that are nonroutine and difficult to "cost" in advance of their completion.
Target
Rate-of-return
Bundle
Cost plus
__________ pricing consists of charging different prices during different times or days in order to stimulate demand during slow periods.
Upscale
Off-peak
Every-day-low
Sale
In determining whether to invest, marketers need to perform in-depth analyses of the country's stage of economic development, the buying power of its populace, and the:
political stability of the country.
strength of its currency.
tariff and trade restrictions.
market trends.
Management accounting reports can:
use a flexible format.
use financial and nonfinancial data.
be prepared for any time period.
include all of these.
Prime costs consist of:
direct materials and overhead.
direct labor and overhead.
direct labor and indirect labor.
direct materials and direct labor.
Which of the following products probably would be manufactured using a job order costing system?
Paper
Baseball cards
Computer monitors
Company business cards
The reason for combining direct labor and overhead costs together and calling them “conversion costs” is that:
they both are direct costs of production.
the equivalent unit amount for direct materials will be the same as that for direct labor and overhead costs.
both types of costs usually are incurred uniformly throughout the production process.
the costs for direct labor and overhead are not accounted for separately.
Which of the following activities would be part of the value chain of a manufacturer?
Inventory control
Product engineering
Cost accounting
Materials storage
A retail manager is preparing a budget for the coming year and is considering the various costs of the retail store. What is the best approach for the manager to take when budgeting for the cost of the store's merchandise?
The total costs will stay the same as last year, but the unit cost will change with each sale.
The total cost of merchandise for the year and the unit cost will remain constant with each sale.
The total cost of merchandise for the year will depend on the amount of sales, but the unit cost of each sale will stay fairly constant.
The total costs will stay the same as last year, and the unit cost will remain constant with each sale.
Standard costing would most often require which type of performance evaluation?
Flexible budgeting
Zero-based budgeting
Variable costing
Any of these choices
The term incremental cost refers to:
the difference in total costs between alternatives.
a cost that continues to be incurred even though there is no activity.
the operating income forgone by selecting one choice instead of another.
a cost that does not entail any dollar outlay but that is relevant to the decision-making process.
Capital investment analysis involves all of the following except:
preparing reports for management.
analyzing the sales mix.
selecting the best alternative.
dividing available capital investment funds.
A producing center is another term for a(n):
service center.
cost center.
revenue center.
activity center.
According to Pfeffer's research, successful companies employed all of these people-centered practices EXCEPT:
power to the people.
careful hiring.
job security.
emphasis on status.
Which of these represent the core of organizational culture?
Observable artifacts
Basic assumptions
Ethics
Espoused values
Something is __________ when it stands out from its context.
schematic
cognitive
salient
self-serving
In Mitchell's Job Performance Model of motivation, __________ is not a component of job context.
supervisory support and coaching
social norms
rewards and reinforcements
beliefs and values
Which of these is NOT a criterion for a group?
Two or more members
Freely interact with each other
Shared norms and goals
Is a whole organization
__________ refers to the idea that decision makers are constrained by a variety of factors.
Optimizing
Unaided analytic strategy
Bounded rationality
Conceptual decision style
Conceptual decision style is a(n):
two-way process.
ineffective tool for employee motivation.
organizational tool not interpersonal.
one-way process from sender to receiver.
A mental representation of the traits and behaviors possessed by leaders is called:
a leadership prototype.
an initiating structure.
a set of consideration factors.
situational model.
Which of the following would be considered a control mechanism dedicated to making sure the right people do the right things at the right time?
Coordination of effort
Common goal
Hierarchy of authority
Division of labor
__________ is the key to fostering organizational learning and the creation of a learning organization.
Strategic planning
Organization development
Prioritization
Leadership
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Jane T(LLC) replied 4 years ago.

Do you still need assistance with this question?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i need help but not with that question. Can you help?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I am a Moderator, not a Professional who answers questions. As you no longer need an answer for this question I will close this question for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.