Multiple Problems

For Help with Multiple Homework Problems, Ask an Expert

Multiple Problems

The largest component of GDP is: A. net exports. B. investment.

Customer Question
The largest component of GDP...
The largest component of GDP is:
A. net exports.
B. investment.
C. consumption.
D. government purchases.
Reset Selection

Question 2 of 20
5.0 Points
The consumption function:
A. is a relationship between annual consumption and annual disposable income in an economy.
B. will shift upward if aggregate household wealth declines.
C. implies that annual consumption in an economy will be zero if disposable income is zero.
D. is a flat line with zero slope.
Reset Selection

Question 3 of 20
5.0 Points
How much is autonomous consumption when disposable income is $800 billion?
A. $0
B. $2 Trillion
C. $4 Trillion
D. $6 Trillion
Reset Selection

Question 4 of 20
5.0 Points
Autonomous consumption is NOT influenced by:
A. aggregate household wealth.
B. expectations of future income and wealth.
C. aggregate household debt.
D. disposable income.
Reset Selection

Question 5 of 20
5.0 Points
The lunch you buy in your school cafeteria is classified as:
A. a consumer durable.
B. a consumer nondurable.
C. a service.
D. either a consumer nondurable or a service because it fits into both categories.
Reset Selection

Question 6 of 20
5.0 Points
Which one of these would NOT constitute investment?
A. Someone buys 100 shares of Exxon-Mobil
B. Exxon-Mobil purchases 20 new oil rigs
C. General Motors builds a new assembly plant
D. Macy's remodels its stores
Reset Selection

Question 7 of 20
5.0 Points
Net investment:
A. plus depreciation equals gross investment.
B. minus depreciation equals gross investment.
C. equals gross investment plus depreciation.
D. plus gross investment equals depreciation.
Reset Selection

Question 8 of 20
5.0 Points
In the Islamic Middle East inheritance laws were:
A. designed to keep land in units large enough to sustain a family.
B. conducive to the formation of accumulation of capital.
C. designed to easily and quickly divide up partitioned goods.
D. flexible enough to accommodate new economic conditions.
Reset Selection

Question 9 of 20
5.0 Points
Investment includes the purchase of:
A. stock options of Enron.
B. software by an accounting firm.
C. global positioning units for cruise missiles by the government.
D. new chalk by a local school board.
Reset Selection

Question 10 of 20
5.0 Points
The most important reason that corporations developed in Western Europe earlier than in the Middle Eastern countries was because of:
A. the type of business.
B. religious differences.
C. the transportation system.
D. the stages of economic development.
Reset Selection

Question 11 of 20
5.0 Points
The largest source of federal tax revenue comes from:
A. individual income taxes.
B. social insurance receipts.
C. corporation income taxes.
D. excise taxes.
Reset Selection

Question 12 of 20
5.0 Points
The Social Security tax is:
A. direct and progressive.
B. direct and regressive.
C. indirect and progressive.
D. indirect and regressive.
Reset Selection

Question 13 of 20
5.0 Points
An excise tax is a(n):
A. tax on earnings.
B. tax on profits.
C. income tax.
D. sales tax.
Reset Selection

Question 14 of 20
5.0 Points
Which of the following is a transfer payment?
A. The president's salary
B. Veterans' benefits
C. The NASA budget
D. Provision of national parks
Reset Selection

Question 15 of 20
5.0 Points
An example of a tax that is generally regarded to be progressive is the:
A. federal income tax.
B. excise tax on gasoline.
C. state sales tax.
D. payroll tax.
Reset Selection

Question 16 of 20
5.0 Points
The most-favored nation clause of the WTO agreement stipulates that:
A. no member nation may impose a tariff on the goods of any other member nation.
B. all member nations must offer all other member countries the same trade concessions as any other member country.
C. each member may designate another member as a favored nation, providing that nation with trade concessions.
D. all member nations must sell their goods to other member nations at cost.
Reset Selection

Question 17 of 20
5.0 Points
If more foreign tourists visited the United States, this would:
A. lower our merchandise trade imbalance.
B. lower our overall trade imbalance.
C. raise our merchandise trade imbalance.
D. raise our overall trade imbalance.
Reset Selection

Question 18 of 20
5.0 Points
Each of the following is a characteristic of the European Union EXCEPT that:
A. workers from any EU country could seek work in any other member country.
B. is the fourth largest integrated market.
C. its population and GDP are comparable to those of the United States.
D. freight is able to move anywhere within the EU without checkpoint delays and paperwork.
Reset Selection

Question 19 of 20
5.0 Points
The trading bloc that has eliminated all internal tariffs is:
A. the European Union.
B. NAFTA.
C. Mercosur.
D. The World Tra
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Multiple Problems
2/24/2012
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 5 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Thanks for requesting me... I am starting on this

What is the deadline to have it submitted?

need it by 4pm eastern time my time is 3:30pm

I apologize but there is no way I can do all these in 15 minutes.

I will opt out and see if someone has answer key or something... Feel free to request me again but you might want to ensure someone is available before you open a timed test.

4:30pm
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Josie-Mod

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

still need help
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree