Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was driving it & heard a pop noise, then it wouldn't go…

I was driving it...

I was driving it & heard a pop noise, then it wouldn't go forwards or backwards... shifter was loose like it wasn't attachd

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Never heard the noise before! Was just tooling along and it went 'pop', then wouldn't move... still ran great but no movement

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your bike?

It's a side by side 2006 3010 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Thought the converter the converted belt broke but after I got into the converted housing found it intact, Now looking for adjustment possibly,not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not sure, don't know enough to know, replaced moter about 5 years ago, broke and repair conector to forward and reverse lever.

6/25/2021
Motorcycle Mechanic: TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 1 year ago
TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic

Try jacking the rear end up so the wheels are off the ground. Engage forward and***** Put a socket and ratchet on the drive converter bolt. Rotate the converter and see if the rear wheels turn. If not inspect the driveshaft. If the driveshaft is ok then the problem is inside the transmission.

TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Motorcycle Mechanic