Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My bike sat all last year so I went and got a new battery…

My bike sat all...

My bike sat all last year so I went and got a new battery and cleaned carb new fuel. And it will sit there and idle but as soon as i put it in gear and realease the clutch it shuts off. 1,500rpm idle

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Idk it wont move literally as soon as the clutch gets to its realease piint the bike shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your bike?

Kawasaki, O3, zx12 R

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent personally tried anything wanted to look it up and see if it was something tedious or it had to be put in the shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

My kick stand is to question

6/2/2020
Motorcycle Mechanic: JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
JOHN DICIAULA
JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic
Hi, I’M John TheMotoTech, I hope I can help you out! The kick stand sound like the problem. You can disconnect the kick stand wires and jump the wires, then try again. That will let you know if it’s the kick stand safety switch.
Thank you . I will give that a try.
i hope i was helpful. Don’t forget to rate me. if you have anymore questions i would be glad to help out. Good luck! John TheMotoTech
Will do and thank you I'm trying it out now
Ok, good luck!
Are t my spacers on the tire rod suppose to be all the way? But then they are not touching the alignment bolts
You need to spin the axle so the flat spot is aligned with the spacer box.
Yeah I know I just put it in quick to take the picture
I don’t understand the question?
I got it. Thank you anyway though.
Ok cool
I replaced the rear tire and got the caliper on and everything back together. Fixed the kick stand sensor. But I have no back break for some reason.
Trying just pumping it for a bit. They need to pump up after putting tire on. You may need to bleed the fluid if it won’t pump up.
Alright thank you again
Cool
I forgot earlier. My headlight was working yesterday when the bike wouldn't stay running but I fixed the kickstand problem and now I have no headlight but the rest of my lights work
Not sure Some bikes have to be running before light turns on.X
X
JOHN DICIAULA
JOHN DICIAULA, Auto Mechanic
It was running I had it idling for at least half hour
This was supppse to be a one month thing why is it still charging my card